Returns + Exchanges
Stores Near You
Locate a Northern Tool + Equipment retail store.Find a Store
7 AM - 6 PM CT, M - F
7 AM - 3 PM CT, SAT
Customer Care Hours
8 AM - 4 PM CT, M - F
Begin the return process with an email.Send a Message
Northerntool.com orders can be returned for any reason within 45 days of receipt. You can return your order to any Northern Tool store or Northerntool.com.
Option #1: Return to a Northern Tool + Equipment store.
Products purchased online, by phone or catalog may be returned at your local Northern Tool + Equipment store. Find a store near you.
Option #2: Return to Northerntool.com via phone, chat or email.
Call Customer Care for a return authorization number.
Call Customer Care at 1-800-222-5381. Customer Care hours are 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM CT, Mon - Fri | 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM CT, Sat.
Chat with an online Customer Care agent for a return authorization number.
Customer Care hours via chat are 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM CT, Mon - Fri. Start chatting by clicking the yellow "Chat" tab found in the lower right-hand corner of the browser window.
Email us to receive a return authorization number.
We respond to over 90% of all email messages within 24 hours, Monday - Friday, excluding holidays. Send a Message.
Repackage and relabel.
Refer to the return form printed on the back of your invoice, and write down the return authorization number in the space provided. Use the return form as a new shipping label. Apply it to the original box or use a sturdy substitute to ship products.
Purchases made at a Northern Tool retail store must be returned to the Northern Tool store or another nearby store. See the Northern Tool return policies for more details.
If you made an online purchase at a Northern Tool store, please follow the Northerntool.com return instructions above.
- Products must be returned within 45 days of receipt for refund or exchange.
- Products must be unused or defective to be returned. There may be a 15% restocking fee for products that do not meet these conditions.
- Factory shipped products may be subject to a 15% restock fee.
- Factory shipped products require approval from the manufacturer and are not returned directly to Northern.
- Processing your return via mail will take 2-4 weeks.
- Refunds are for the cost of the products only.
- Gas and diesel-powered products cannot be returned to Northern once they have been gassed or oiled. If they have been gassed or oiled they need to be taken to an authorized service center for repair which may be covered under warranty.
- Non-returnable items: NorTrac equipment, surface cleaners, gang reels, winches, reconditioned forklifts, books, DVDs, CDs, videos, blueprints, clearance and electronic auction items.