FREE SHIPPING Ironton Folding Trailer Kit - 4Ft. x 8Ft.
Living in a condo space is a premium. The trailer folds and stores easily and rolls to any corner of the garage I need it stored in. Assembly was fun, the provided instructions easy to follow. The price from Northern was lower than other providers.
I would recommend this trailer to anyone looking to tow less than 1000 lbs.
February 5, 2014
Great but my parts weren't labeled
I would have given this a 5 star, but my parts were not labeled. So, I had to use common sense and experience with a little luck to get it right. I also had to take several sections apart because of this.
That said, now that I have the trailer together, it works great. I've loaded it up with 1000 pounds and it trailered just fine.
The thing is a bit tipsy when it is folded and on its casters. I'd recommend two people to move it any distance. I would also recommend a security strap on the wall where you store it if it is going to be stored folded up.
February 4, 2014
If you are looking for a compact trailer that does not take up much space this trailer will meet your needs. I wanted a trailer that would not take up much room in my shop. I can pull the trailer with an ATV on the property for light work, and also take it on the road when needed.
February 4, 2014
Trailer for charity work
This trailer had sides put on and is used for aluminum can collection for a charitable organization. It exceeds any expectations we had for it. Very well satisfied.
February 4, 2014
Sturdy Folding Trailer... Performs Well
After going without a truck for 2 years, I wanted a compact trailer to fill that void. This folding trailer fit the bill perfectly. I'll just list pros and cons, starting with the cons as there is only one.
1) Another reviewer of this trailer said the instructions were lacking. To be honest the instructions could be better, but I'd still say they are sufficient for the task. I only had one step in the assembly process where it was not clear how to orient one of the rails. Simple trial and error solved that for me. If the manufacturer is reading this review, I think the instructions could be improved with better pictures, and when not totally intuitive, a little more verbiage explaining a given step (i.e. the problem I ran into with how to orient the rear outer rails). Again, though, overall the instructions are sufficient for the task.
1) This trailer is sturdy. On my very first use, I came close to maxing out the load and the trailer held up and handled like a champ. It is totally up to the task for which it is advertised.
2) Carrying on from the point just above, while this trailer (like all trailers) recommends hwy speeds of 55 MPH, I can tell you that both empty and under heavy load it handled beautifully behind my SUV at 70 MPH.
3) This trailer is easy to use. From pulling the trailer out of storage, unfolding it, hooking it up to a trailer hitch, and navigating on surface streets or hwy, it is truly as easy to use as the instructions, pictures, etc. make it appear.
4) The manufacturer of this trailer thought everything through when it comes to adding side rails and plywood to the bed of the trailer. The instruction manual provided a list of everything you'd need to add these accessories to the trailer. Furthermore, when it came time to fold the trailer up and store it away, the add on rails pull out easily, and the trailer still folds up perfectly with the bolted on plywood trailer bed in place.
5) The price is right. I have two family members with normal (i.e. non-folding) 4' x 8' small trailers like this. They both paid a little more than what I paid for this trailer (including the wood I bought for the trailer bed and rails). Having used their trailers in the past, I found this folding trailer to be every bit as capable as other non-folding 4' x 8' trailers. BUT, I have the added convenience of being able to fold this trailer up and store it away in my garage without sacrificing a parking spot for my car (or without having to store my trailer outside, creating an eyesore and weathering the trailer faster over time).
6) Finally, I've bought from Northern Tools in the past and have only had to call them once ever for help. The one time I did call in was for a minor shipping issue (NOT about a problem with the actual product I bought). Their customer support was outstanding. I found them knowledgeable and quick to find a solution. I couldn't be happier with Northern Tool as a retailer of products like this.
October 26, 2013
Ironton folding trailer
This is a neat trailer it folds up and stores, out of the way until it is needed, then it does the job you expect it to do. But if you are not mechanically inclined this trailer is not for you. The parts in my kit where not marked, so you have to guess where the parts go. The wire they give you in the kit is to short to do the job and as far as using the trailer for your ground side, forget it! Add your own ground wires if you want the lights to work. Because there are two many bolts seating on top of painted sufaces and you cannot get continuity.
September 24, 2013