DEWALT Heavy-Duty Cordless Pivoting Head Flashlight - Tool Only, 12 Volt, Model# DW904
I absolutely Love Dewalt! They are the tool for anyone. Great for beginners all the way to the tradesman. I recently added the flashlight to my dewalt arsenal. Super bright and is great price for what you get.
October 15, 2012
This flash light works well with a good battery. When not using it as a flashlight, I use it to run down my dewalt batteries before charging them so they last longer.
May 15, 2012
good but could be better, and here is how
It is a great little flashlight but it really could be even better.
1) The light needs to be able to be focusable as a "Mag-Light" or any other quality flashlight.
2) If the compartment inside the flashlight has an access area inside for an extra bulb could you please put one in there before you sell it to us.
3) When you design the bulb into the flashlight could you make it a semi-common bulb so it can be found and then bought without too much of a hassle, and could you try and pick a bulb that doesn't cost almost $10.00 for a pack of two?
4) Put a LED battery charge status light in the flashlight please.
5) Maybe you could also allow an individual to hook the flashlight directly to an outlet (fold out plug/ prongs) so that when you don't have the charger you can still charge the battery.
6) Perhaps put an integrated mini solar panel trickle charge device in the molded body so that you can chuck it on the dash of the truck or leave it in the sun to at least prevent drain over time of the battery, and keep it topped off.
7) Waterproof it a little better, at least make it more water resistant.
8) More Rubber molding for even better drop proofing, especially around the light assembly and battery area.
In general there are a bunch of little things that can be done that won't run up the price up too much on the flashlight, at least offer us the options.
Also, you can drop it and it won't fly into a hundred pieces and it keeps the charge for a good while, it is not a piece of junk by any means. I dropped it onto the concrete floor twice and took the hits both times but blew the bulb on the second because the bulb was on at the time.
Good Luck with Yours
March 23, 2009
Works great, was just what i was looking for to go with my 12v batteries. the piviot head is nice
January 21, 2008
a flashlight tougher than our kids
We originally got this flashlight to compliment our 12 volt drill-driver kit, but we now use the flashlight fifty more times more frequently than the drill. This is the only flashlight we've found to stand up to the tough use by our foster kids on our farm down in Brazil. All other flashlights are "disposable" in comparison. It's also good for the environment that we don't have to buy tons of small batteries which have a greater chance of being lost outside or accidently thrown in the trash.
January 21, 2008